Potato Pancakes II
(4 servings) Printable Version
2) In colander lined with clean towel or cheese-cloth, drain shredded potatoes and onions.
3) Wrap potatoes and onion in towel; squeeze towel to remove as much water as possible.
4) In the same large bowl, beat eggs; add the shredded potatoes and onion, flour, salt and pepper and toss together until well mixed.
5) In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot salad oil, drop mixture buy scant 1/4 cupfuls in to 4 mounds.
6) With pancake turner, flatten each mound to make a 4-inch pancake. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes; turn pancake and brown the other side.
7) Remove to paper towel-lined cookie sheet to drain; keep warm repeat to make about 12 more pancakes, stirring mixture occasional; garnish with parsley springs.
This is how my family has made potato pancakes for generations. The recipe comes straight from my mom. By salad oil, she means vegetable oil.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank BreakfastMaster for this recipe.
Comments About This RecipeFrom Glennigan
What do you think of Potato Pancakes II?
While I do basically the same recipe, the one difference is I use bacon grease instead of oil. Hardly heart healthy but I only make these once in a while.
Comment submitted: 1/31/2009 (#7484)
You Might Also Like These Recipes:
I won't reveal #1, but I can tell you it's Gr-r-reat! Click here.
Home | About | Contact | Breakfast Recipes | The Cereal Project | Site Index | Food Charities | Blog