The $1,112 Breakfast
Wow. I thought $8.00 was pricey for my last omelet.
At the Altira Macau Hotel on the island of Taipa (near Hong Kong), they offer a breakfast on their room service menu that costs 8,888 Macanese patacas. That’s over a thousand U.S. dollars.
The meal consists of:
- 30 grams of beluga caviar served on ice with blinis and a variety of garnishes like sour cream, chopped egg and scallions
- Granola with berry yogurt
- Your choice of a) eggs Benedict with Balik smoked salmon or b) Australian Wagyu beef sirloin with two eggs
- One bottle of Dom Pérignon (Vintage 2002)
- A basket of baked goods
- A platter of seasonal fruit
- Your choice of juice, coffee or tea
What? No hash browns?
Forbes.com: Try Macau’s $1,112 Breakfast