- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the egg, yogurt, milk and oil. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, then fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter onto hot greased griddle, two tablespoons at a time. Cook over medium heat until bubbles pop and stay open, then turn over and cook on the other side until golden.
NOTE: When blueberries are out of season, use thawed frozen blueberries.
This is an excellent recipe for blueberry pancakes. A delicious, nutritious and flavorful breakfast.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank MiniMidgy for this recipe.
Recipe number 912. Submitted 3/29/2003.