Cherry Pistachio Granola
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or cherry juice-infused craisins)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (or blueberry juice-infused craisins)
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice
Combine oats, nuts, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
In a medium saucepan, stir honey, sugar, and oil over medium heat until melted and combined. Remove from heat and add vanilla and cherry juice.
Drizzle honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly moistened.
Turn out onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every ten. At the 20 minute mark, add in the dried fruit. Cool and serve.
My family fell in love a while ago with cherry-pistachio granola bars. This cereal uses those flavor combinations we love and lets us eat it from a bowl...or just by the handful.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank RoseannaMWhite for this recipe.
Recipe number 3243. Submitted 10/28/2014.