Almond Granola (Low Carb)
Makes approx 30 quarter-cup servings.
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced almonds
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds - hulled
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1 and 1/2 cups reduced fat coconut shreds - dried and unsweetened
1 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt
liquid stevia equal to 1/2 cup sugar
4 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking pan with foil.
1. In a large bowl combine nuts, seeds, coconut. Stir in the cinnamon and salt.
2. Stir in the oil and mix until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
3. Add the water, stevia, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer to pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan and stir thoroughly, to even out the baking process.
5. Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until dry, crisp and lightly-browned.
6. Remove from oven. Adjust seasoning while granola is still warm.
7. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Total carbs per 1/4 cup is 4.3 grams with 1.8g fiber.
A grain-free, low-carb, healthy granola recipe! Almonds, coconut, and cinnamon make for a wonderful combination of flavors for breakfast!
Mr Breakfast would like to thank Nashta for this recipe.
Recipe number 2813. Submitted 4/15/2010.