- 1 tub of fruit yoghurt
- 1 strainer/sieve
- 1 chux cloth
- 1 elastic band
- 1 bowl
- Rest the strainer over the bowl and lay the chux cloth out over the strainer.
- Place the yoghurt on the chux cloth and bring the four corners of the cloth together and secure with the elastic band, making the yoghurt inside a little bag.
- Ensure that the yoghurt bag is sitting on the strainer and that the contents will fall through into the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning you will find the water from the yoghurt has dripped into the bowl. Open up the bag and scrape out the yoghurt cream that has been left behind.
- Use the thickened yoghurt as a healthy alternative to cream on pancakes, waffles, croissants, etc.
Homemade alternative to whipped cream or cream cheese that you can use on pancakes, waffles, French toast, bagels and toast.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank EMMMA for this recipe.
Recipe number 2072. Submitted 6/29/2007.