Thick Banana Smoothie
This is basically just a fast and easy way to get bananas in your diet without having to chew. I wasn't sure I'd like the almonds in the recipe but they broke down in the blender - adding to the thicker smoothie texture without being annoying. I used 2 Tablespoons of slivered almonds instead of whole nuts. The trick of using frozen bananas is good to remember for all smoothies. All in all, I enjoyed this drink but it's super basic. Throwing a few random berries in the mix would have helped make it more interesting. (This recipe was submitted in 2007. It was tested and photographed in August 2015.)
- 2 bananas
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How To Make A Thick Banana Smoothie
1. Freeze the bananas overnight.
2. With a knife, peel and slice the bananas into 1 inch slices to be put into the blender.
3. Add the milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg into the blender.
4. Blend until the consistency of an ice-cream milkshake. Add a little more milk, if necessary.
5. Add the almonds and blend a little more until the almonds are in small chocolate chip size bits.
A good, healthy balanced smoothie for banana lovers.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank Anonymous Breakfast Lover for this recipe.
Recipe number 2067. Submitted 6/26/2007.