Jeannie's Healthy Muffins
Combine fruit and yogurt, set aside while mixing dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly all dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients mixing only enough to lightly blend. Spray muffin tins with Pam or equivalent before adding mixture. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes about 1 dozen large muffins.
- 5 packets stevia extract powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder(aluminum free)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spices
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup wheat bran or rice bran
- 1 & 1/2 cup vanilla soy protein powder
- 1 cup raisins or dried fruit of your choice
- one 6 oz. carton yogurt of your choice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 eggs slightly beaten or egg beaters
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
This is a very flexible recipe that can be adjusted to your individual taste using your favorite spices, nuts, fruit and yogurt.
Mr Breakfast would like to thank jeanniewmc for this recipe.
Recipe number 1545. Submitted 10/1/2005.