International House of Pancakes French Toast
1. Beat the eggs in a large shallow bowl.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 6 thick sliced French bread
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- (optional) more powdered sugar
- (optional) pancake syrup
2. Add the milk, vanilla, flour, and salt to the eggs. Beat the minture with an electric mixer. Be sure all flour is well combined.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add about a teaspoon of butter.
4. Dip the bread, a slice at a time, into the batter, being sure to coat each side well. Drop the bread into the hot pan (as many as will fit at one time) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the surface is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining pieces of bread.
5. (Optional) Cut each piece of toast in half diagonally. Arrange six halves of the toast on 2 plates by neatly overlapping the slices. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops of the toast slices on each plate. Serve with butter and syrup on the side.
From the makers of Maple-Blueberry Syrup, comes French Toast that you can put Maple-Blueberry Syrup on!
Mr Breakfast would like to thank Sarah_12 for this recipe.
Recipe number 1287. Submitted 7/5/2004.